|A selection of routes – the links are to the map in www.gmap-pedometer.com you can zoom in and out and switch between map and satellite views. Mileages are as drawn and tend to be understated.For newcomers to Striders
These are links to the two most frequently run routes on a Sunday Morning. Runs may be in either direction and there are many variations. Runs are one hour or ninety minutes. Wednesday summer runs are usually variations of the same route but maximum one hour with a 40 minute option.
Routes for Wednesday runs in the dark are very varied. Depending on numbers Runs usually split into 4 groups 1st (Fast – can run 10K in less than 45 mins), 2nd (can run 10K in less than 50 mins, 3rd (can run 10K in less than 55 mins), 4th The Rest. All runs are 1 hour but with the option to turn back after 20 minutes making a 40 minute run. All follow roughly the same route on the night but with minor variations to allow for the different pace.
Other Club Runs
- Handicap Route for Summer Club Handicap races – two laps about 5 miles.
- Addington 4 A 4 Mile route believed to have been used for a race for Addington Palace staff at the turn of the last century. Resurrected by Striders as a new years day guess your time event .
- 1 Mile Time Trial Used for club time trial on first Friday of the month. Start 7:45 pm.
Longer Runs Home
Clubs runs back to the Club House from a convenient railway station. Run occasionally on quiet Sundays – usually as part of the marathon training season.
Thames Path runs as part of Marathon Training
- Greenwich and back from London Bridge – 12 Miles
- Kingston from Clapham Jct – 16 miles
Club Members Favourites:-
Extended Runs from the Club House.
Circular Runs away from the Club House.
- Box Hill – Figure of 8 route round Headley Heath and up Juniper Bottom to Box Hill starting from the Whitehill NT carpark at TQ177528 best followed by a swim in Dorking Pool and Lunch at the Watermill. from RJ
- Vineyard Variant Same Start but across to Ranmore and back past polesden Lacy
Greensand Way route : sent in by Roy Easto
Summer 2018 Trail Run #1 : Ally Whitlock
If you have favourite runs you would like adding to this page please send details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any medium will be accepted but preferably use www.gmap-pedometer.com to draw the route.