In line with our ongoing commitment to keep updating and improving our welfare policies we are adding the policy outlined below to our website and social media pages. It contains advisory guidelines for the use of all types of online forums, including social media.
Online is a key way for many of our members to interact nowadays and all club members are encouraged to make use of our social media and email platforms. Newer members in particular will welcome the responsiveness and participation of more experienced members.
Our email forum and social media groups are only available to fully paid up members of Striders of Croydon.
Please note our Club Code of Conduct For Online Forums And Social Media requests that all members using all types of club online forums, including social media and email, do so in a way that is both respectful and supportive to other club members, and promotes Striders Of Croydon in a positive environment.
You are responsible for the content you post, this includes text, photos, messages, etc, even if you did not create the content you post it is your responsibility to ensure you have the necessary consents.
Striders of Croydon respects privacy and understands that members may use social media and online forums in their private lives. However, online personal communications likely to have a negative impact on our club’s standards and/or reputation are also within the scope of this policy.
Do’s and Don’ts guide before posting/interacting on Striders Social Media
- Be respectful. Be positive. Treat others the way you would like to be treated.
- Be polite.
- Think twice before posting. If you wouldn’t want your employer, parents, friends, colleagues or future employer to see your post, don’t post it.
- Remember many different audiences will see your posts including club members, potential members, children, members’ relatives and friends.
- Don’t post other members personal details. If you have to pass on an address or contact details of another member do this directly and not in an open forum.
- Avoid posting inflammatory, extraneous, objectionable or off-topic messages that may provoke others into an emotional response (trolling/flaming). Avoid topics that may be controversial, like politics and religion. Don’t post anything that you wouldn’t say openly in a workplace such as comments about drug use, profanity, off-colour or sexual humour, ethnic slurs, or personal insults.
- Don’t partake in or incite xenophobia, racism or any other form of personal abuse including sexism and homophobic remarks.
- Personal attacks, abuse, harassment and/or name calling in any form regardless of the tone or nature will not be tolerated and will result in you being removed from the forum/social media page on either a permanent or temporary basis.
- Be in the right state of mind when you make a post. Don’t post when you’re angry, upset, or your judgment is impaired in any way. Remember, the Internet is permanent!
- Remember that Striders of Croydon social media/online forum administrators reserve the right to delete any post or comment within any forum or social media page, without warning or notice. Persistent flouting of this code will result in banning from the forums and/or club disciplinary action.